Understanding Client Money Behaviour
Using Money Coaching skills to understand client money behaviour and build connection
This interactive half-day workshop will give you a unique understanding into how your clients think and behave around money. Using Money Coaching techniques and insights, and the latest research on the psychology of money, you will learn how money patterns and beliefs originate, how these beliefs drive behaviour, and how you can use this knowledge to fully support clients and build strong relationships. The workshop content links to each stage of the planning process to give you an understanding of why some clients find it difficult to invest, why some clients keep changing their minds, why clients get stuck when there is a significant change in circumstances, and how you can support clients who are struggling with anxiety and other challenges.
Participants will learn:
- The origins of money patterns and beliefs
- What drives client money behaviour
- Strategies for identifying and working with different types of clients
- Understanding client money blocks
- How to have open money conversations with clients
- How to build long-term trust and connection around money
- How to recognise and manage adviser/planner biases
- Insights for working with clients at each stage of the planning process
- How to support clients in transition
What Participants are Saying:
“We have found Dennis’s approach to money coaching and helping financial planners make clients feel safe during meetings invaluable, and highly recommend his coaching for all financial planners.” – Tony Duckworth, Managing Director at R.A. COWEN & PARTNERS
“Dennis provided a ‘whole team’ training session for us and, from this, the feedback has been excellent. Those who are client facing were able to link behaviours that have been seen in clients, and those that are quite new to our profession could begin to understand why clients need to have experts and professionals working with them to manage their emotions, behaviours and their expectations.” – Colin Low, Managing Director and Chartered Financial Planner, Kingsfleet Wealth
“Interesting, informative and practical session which really helped me think more deeply about what clients need to feel comfortable, safe and trusting of financial planners and, most importantly, take action.” – Ruth Sturkey, Chartered and Certified Financial Planner, Chair – Institute for Financial Wellbeing
- Live half-day interactive workshop split into 3 sessions
- Active participation with limited number of places
- Open Q&A sessions
- Incorporation of real-life client examples
- Opportunities for in situ conversation coaching & role play
- Complimentary 1-hour follow up session
CPD for Financial Professionals
The workshop is accredited by the Institute for Financial Wellbeing and participants will receive a certificate for 3 hours of CPD.
Who should attend
This workshop is suitable for anyone who handles client finances or helps clients with their financial matters. Money Coaching is a framework for understanding how people think and behave around money. This understanding helps them to make better decisions, reduce anxiety and communicate in healthy ways. We all want to help our clients understand and manage the money in their lives – this workshop will show you how you can do this.
About the Facilitator
Dennis is a Certified Money Coach (CMC)®, Money Coach Trainer and the founder of Cambridge Money Coaching.
Prior to becoming a money coach, Dennis spent 30 years in Banking and Wealth Management. He has worked with clients from all areas of the world and brings a deep understanding of the financial services industry to his coaching and training. He now works with individuals, couples, small business owners and financial professionals such as IFAs and planners. He is a keynote speaker and panellist at industry events and has been a guest on numerous podcasts.
Listen to Dennis Harhalakis discussing ‘How to create a safe space for clients’ with Dan Graham on the Next Gen Planners Podcast.
The cost per participant is £110.
Discounts are available for block bookings of 5 or more and customised workshops are available for organisations that wish to have their own event. Please contact Cambridge Money Coaching to discuss your requirements. IFW members and Next Gen Planners are eligible for a £15 discount.
- Workshop timings
- The workshop starts at 09.30 and finishes at 12.30. There are 2 breaks.
- Payment terms
- Full payment is required when booking the workshop.
- Minimum numbers
- The workshop is subject to a minimum number of 5 participants. In the event of insufficient numbers, Cambridge Money Coaching reserves the right to cancel the workshop. In the event of cancellation by Cambridge Money Coaching, participants will be offered a place at a future scheduled date or a full refund of the workshop fees.
- Cancellation Policy
- If you wish to cancel or amend your booking, please contact Cambridge Money Coaching. You may transfer your place to someone else free of charge. Cambridge Money Coaching will endeavour to support all requests in a reasonable and timely manner.
Get In Touch
Interested in learning more? Please fill out the contact form or email us and we will get back to you shortly.